Elderflower Berry Juice the drink the gods brought to Austria to make sure energy is always available in the mountains
- 2/3 cup dried elderberries
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp fresh or dried ginger root
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves or clove powder
- 1 cup raw honey
- Pour water into medium saucepan and add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon and cloves (do not add honey yet, because the heat will destroy many of its medicinal benefits)
- Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour until the liquid has reduced by almost half.
- At that point, remove from heat and let cool enough to be handled
- Pour through a strainer into a glass bowl
- Discard the elderberries and let the liquid cool to lukewarm
- When it is no longer hot, add 1 cup of honey and stir well
- When honey is well mixed into the elderberry mixture, pour the syrup into a pint sized mason jar or 16 ounce glass bottle of some kind (I used an old dressing bottle)
- Store Homemade Elderberry Syrup in the fridge, it will last several months!
Elderflower Berry Juice Tea:
Pour in 250 milliliter of Elderflower berry juice into a one liter thermo bottle together with 750 milliliter of boiling water. Shake it well and bring it to the hunting area… May the force be with you! 😉
- None of the information on this website is intended to be taken as direct medical advice.
- Always consult with your medical practitioner before trying any of the new knowledge you have learned here.